Thursday, February 23, 2012

Welcome!

Welcome!


Yeah, that's me, at age 20, playing the "Cat" in "Honk!" Smokin' hot. :)

My name is Kate Undercoffer. I'm a wife, mom of 2 (a 33 month old and a 16 month old) and a business owner. I own a dance studio in a little town in the forest. I've danced my entire life. I love to read, drink coffee and go on road trips.

I'm also fat.

So embarrassing. But, yeah, that's me. March, 2011. 

But not for long!

Here's my story. Both of my babies were born via C-section. I am physically unable to breast feed. You know how some lucky moms say "the weight just FALLS off" by breast feeding? Yeah, never even got to try that one out. I also have post partum depression. I don't "suffer" from it, it's a part of who I am. Suffer makes it sound like a weakness, I'm not weak. I'm a STRONG woman who is surviving PPD. One of my PPD symptoms, unfortunately, is lack of energy, inability to sleep and emotional eating. I'm not making excuses, I'm stating facts. Couple PPD with 2 kids in 2 years, 2 c-sections in 2 years...well I'm just not the Kate I used to be.
7 days before my son, Trace, was born.

But I'm changing.


You see, excuses allow for weakness and like I said...I'm not weak. I'm a strong woman with a beautiful body. I need to release myself from the guilt I've built up about gaining weight and let my strength shine. I am pledging to do better in my choices and my actions.

Want to read on in my journey? Read on, friends.

1 comment:

  1. You're an inspiration :) You can do it! Can't wait to see you in 90 days!! I'll pray for you and this challenge whenever you come to mind!

    ReplyDelete