Thursday, February 23, 2012

Day 1.

Day 1.

The title of this blog is 90 Days is Nothing. It's true. It's a small little blip on my life radar. Today is Day 1 of Jillian Michael's Body Revolution. It's a 90 Day body transformation system. I'm excited! 30 minutes a day of intense workout, getting progressively harder each day. I'm going to be blogging daily about how I feel, ho thing are going, likes, dislikes, etc.

Work out number 1: Abs, thighs, front of body, cardio circut.

My first workout! I was so excited! It felt effective while I was doing it. Some parts were really hard, some parts were really easy. I didn't use weights today, my shoulder is still really tender. (Old injury) I will next time I do this work out. I was nervous it would worsen my soreness. This workout was completely do-able. Yeah they were time I felt like I was going to punch Jillian, but overall I liked it a lot.

I didn't do the bicycle sit ups. I can't do that type. I have bad hips from 20+ years of dancing and every time I do bicycle sit ups, it grinds my left hip flexors bad. As in I end up not being able to walk afterwards. I think Jillian would agree no sit up is worth that much pain. ;) I did crossed leg sit ups instead.

I drank all my water today! Actually, more than I needed to! In this 90 day challenge, I've committed to 1 coffee, 1 Diet Coke per day. I'm doing good so far! (Let's face it, no mom of 2 toddlers can realistically go 100% caffeine free overnight. ;)) I'm also focusing on self care.

As I said in my intro post, I have Post Partum Depression (PPD). In order to cope with my insane, crazy life, I need to do better at self care. I own a business, work in my home office/studio office/teach classes at least 40 hour a week and I also stay home all day with my kids. I'm bananas, clearly. To do better at taking time for myself and giving myself a break every now and then, I'm going to make choices that are better for ME. I can't be a good mom, a good teacher, a good wife, a good person if I don't take care of myself. As part of my 90 day challenge, I'm going to read at least 7 new books. I love to read and it's a good way to get time in for myself.

Here goes nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment